Glitter yourself! Today I give you a glittery, messy, gluey but
irresistibly cute diy project! These little wooden glitter heart rings and heart glitter headband came out pretty charming and I was addicted to making them! They are pretty simple to create, but can be messy. If you’re not a “clean” crafter then good luck! I’m not and now poor Zan will find glitter in his tacos and on his Q-tips for weeks, oops! If you want the scoop on how to make these, read below! Enjoy and happy glittering!
Supplies for wooden heart rings:
Mini wooden hearts, clear elastic, glitter, all-purpose glue and hot glue.
Supplies for heart headband:
Stretchy hair band from Target, glittery card stock from Michaels, hot glue.
How to make wooden heart rings:
1. Cut a piece of the elastic… put the two ends together, measure the size of your finger (make it a little
larger so it doesn’t choke your finger!) and tie an overhand knot. Pull super-duper tight so the knot will stay. You can do two knots to be extra safe and then cut the remaining elastic off.
2. On the back of the wooden heart, place a dab of hot-glue. Take your elastic (that you just made a small circle from) and place the knot face down into the hot glue. Hold for a few second to make sure the elastic dries standing up.
3. When the hot glue is dry, hold the ring by the elastic and place the all-purpose glue on top and on the sides of the heart. Then glitter away!
4. Lay the heart, glitter side up, on paper to dry. When it’s dry you can glitter the other side… or you can
just leave it bare because you can’t really see it anyway ; )
How to make a paper heart headband:
1. On the back of the glittery card stock, draw or trace a heart and cut it out.
2. Add a dab of hot glue to the back of the heart and place on top of the headband and you’re done!!
Photo Credit: Sugar and Charm