To continue the Mother’s Day Key lime week… here’s an easy sewing project that does require a machine, but not a pattern. I chose a Key lime color to fit the theme this week, but you can obviously choose any material/color combo you desire! Because there isn’t a pattern to follow, you’re able to pick the size of your bag and pockets. I think it gives more freedom to do what suits mom best! Read the steps below to make your own ; )
1. Cut two rectangles, any size… depending on how large you want the brush bag, one will be for the outside and one is for the inside of the bag.
2. Cut two pockets to fit inside your brush bag, you can use the rectangles to measure a perfect width and height. 3. Fold in the edges around your pocket and iron them flat.
4. Pin the pockets on to the inside material and sew along the edges, leaving the top open. To create brush sections, sew down the middle of the pocket. You can make as many sections as you like!
5. Place the outside and inside pieces together, outside piece facing down, inside piece facing up as shown. Pin them and then sew around the edges, leaving TWO holes on each side for the ribbon or rope to fit into.
6. Turn the bag inside out and iron the edges and outside flat. Fit the rope in the slots you left open. Sew up the sides to close the small holes.
7. Iron a crease down the middle so the bag will fold nicely. Fill with make-up and fun stuff for mom : )
Photo Credit: Sugar and Charm