1. Choose your favorite vanilla cake recipe to make… I like this one
2. Divide the batter into four or five bowls, depending on how many layers you want
3. Starting with the lightest color, add a drop of dye. Then continue adding more to each bowl as you go. You should end with four or five shades of pink, so pretty!!
4. Bake each layer individually and then stack together from dark to light, frosting in-between the layers.
5. Divide the frosting into three bowls, add dye to each of them, making one a little darker from the other
6. Using a large round tip and a decorating bag, start with the darkest color of frosting and work your way up, changing colors as you go. ENJOY!!