I created this ‘party on a budget’ tips board for a General Mills post and I wanted to share it with you all! I’m always looking for the best prices on staple items when throwing parties, especially big ones where the budget can grow out of control! Below are a few tips and items I picked out to help you throw a party on a budget!
1. It’s okay to use disposable dinnerware for a party, but if you do, I always suggest using bamboo dinnerware. It looks much nicer than your average plastic plates, it’s eco-friendly, biodegradable and much stronger than paper.
2. Affordable (only $14.99) and super adorable drink dispenser from World Market. Make a giant batch of your favorite cocktail to fill the dispenser, then let your guests serve themselves. Choosing one cocktail rather than having a few different ones will save you money on ingredients.
3. Paper cocktail napkins not only work for drinks, but go nicely when served with dessert too. Choose a color that fits your theme and set them out by the drink and dessert stations.
4. Paperless Post is a fabulous budget-friendly alternative. Although it still costs a small amount to send them via email, you get to choose from a variety of gorgeous designs and customized colors, fonts, envelope liners and more.
5. Cheap wine glasses are always good for parties, especially because you won’t be upset if one breaks! I’m not a fan of plastic wine glasses, so I buy glass ones at the Dollar Store. They’re budget-friendly and still classy enough for guests to sip out of.
6. Mason Jars can also be scored at the Dollar Store (for $1 of course!) and are so versatile! Use them to serve cocktails, as a vase for flowers or as a candle holder.
7. Tea lights are the perfect solution for setting the mood. Place them in mason jars and they’ll let off a nice glow throughout the event. Ikea sells an inexpensive bag of tea lights.
8. Ice buckets from Ikea are perfect for keeping things chilled, like beer, soda, white wine and champagne.These ones from Ikea are only $6.99 each.
9. If you’re an avid party host, it’s a good idea to start a collection of white serving platters. You will use them for everything and it looks much nicer when all of your platters are the same white color, which goes with any theme! Target has great deals on beautiful serving ware, perfect for all of your soirees.