Growing up in California and living in Los Angeles for 10 years, I’ve always loved good, authentic Mexican food. It may be my favorite! I can seriously eat chips, guacamole, salsa and tacos every night of the week and whatever I don’t finish I’ll eat for breakfast… I’m obsessed. The strange thing is (given my crazy sweet tooth!) I don’t eat a lot of Mexican desserts. When I was picking out Cinco De Mayo inspiration, I was drawn to the rich Mexican chocolate desserts. I realized I never order dessert when we dine at our favorite Mexican restaurants! So when I found countless recipes for Mexican cakes, chocolates and other yummy pastries, I was instantly inspired. If you’re throwing a festive Cinco De Mayo celebration May 5th don’t forget the Mexican treats, beautiful succulents and some charming green fringe to decorate with!
1. Homemade Churros with spiced chocolate sauce… yum!
2. Green Fringe to decorate with
3. Succulents make great centerpieces for a Cinco bash!
4. Corona Popsicles!
5. Recipe for rich Mexican Chocolate Shake
6. Recipe for a delicious and refreshing Paloma