Not only was our house a fixer-upper, but our landscaping was and still is in need of some massive tlc too! When we bought this house, I slightly overlooked the fact that we were going to have to do everything. I often wish the house came with something (besides location and a lavender plant), like the oak tree already trimmed (which set us back a few thousand!!) or a blocker fence so our neighbor can’t look right into our backyard. On the bright side it can be fun starting from scratch, at least it forces us to be creative! Very slowly, over the next few months we’re going to start fixing up our backyard. We have a smaller budget for the backyard, but that won’t stop me from making it my second living room and a beautiful space to entertain. The goal is to get it done before Romeo’s next birthday next May.
First things first…we have a pretty big concrete patio outside. I thought about building a deck, but after doing a little research it’s out of the budget right now. So I saw something called Deckover by Behr and I’m going to paint the entire patio a light blue! Maybe even a design of some sort…I CAN’T wait!! I’m also going to add some cheap, neutral outdoor drapes from IKEA. I’ve always loved the look of drapes outside. It adds warmth and makes it feel like a living space. Here are a few things on the list. Any additional suggestions?
2. Instead of building a built in bar, I love the idea of just having a classic bar cart outside to serve drinks on.
3. The oak tree that cost us a fortune to trim is rather beautiful. I have a baby swing hanging from it now, but I want a classic wooden one.
4. I would love a fire pit I can move around. This one is way out of my budget, but it’s inspiration and I’ll be on the lookout for something similar, but half the price. Anyone know of any?! Haha : )
5. I love wicker. I thought about spending a little more on the couch and then buying chairs like these to go on the side.
6. The outdoor faucet for the hose is very visible when you first walk out to the patio, so I want to get a classic blue hose like this! I’m totally obsessed!
7. I’m a sucker for rope rugs…I have a few in my house and I’ll probably carry that vibe outside too. They’re classic and go with everything.
8. Market lights are a must!! We had the outdoor wired for them, so we’re going to string them throughout the yard. It’s all about the lighting!!