Blueberry Crunch Icebox Cake
Author: Eden Passante
- 2 boxes Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bar (6 packages, 2 bars in each box)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter + 2 tablespoons
- 2 egg whites or an egg white substitute calculated to 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, roughly cut in half
- Add 1 box of the Nature ValleyTM granola bars in a food processor and process until you achieve a fine crumb. Put the crumbs in a bowl. Do the same with the second box of granola bars and put them in a separate bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the crumbs, brown sugar, flour and melted butter and mix together. Then spread into an 8×8-inch dish that has been covered with parchment paper. Bake at 350oF for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs whites and sugar and mix on high. Add the heavy cream and continue mixing for another 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix squeezed lemon juice and softened cream cheese. Mix on low speed until incorporated. Add to the heavy cream mixture and continue to beat on high.
- Add in the vanilla, cinnamon and fold in the blueberries. Pour the whipped mixture over the already baked crust.
- Add two tablespoons of melted butter to the second bowl of crumbs to moisten it. Then crumble over the top.
- Cover and freeze for three hours or more and enjoy!