I finally spruced up a room in our house, that was the office / junk room / room with one bed for the overnight guest, into a warm and inviting guest bedroom! It was my goal to get this done before the holidays for the many guests staying with us over the next few months! Since people will be in and out, it was so important for me to have a clean, NON-CLUTTERED, comfortable room for our family and friends! And we added some new lighting from Target Style which pulled everything together!
1. I put 2 side tables next to the bed and added the jewelry of the room with these lamps from Target that I LOVE!! I’ve always been a fan of matching side lamps in a bedroom because they enhance the space and adds a calming symmetry.
2. I’m a huge fan of all-white beds, because it reminds me of a luxury hotel (hehe), so I found this white comforter at Target and then I added some color with Amber Interiors’ blue accent pillow and throw.
3. Removed a giant black desk that was taking up half the room (ugh!), and instead moved the computer to a small built-in desk that’s been there since the 1950’s! I thought it would be too small, but I actually like it even more and the computer fits perfectly. I like it clean and simple!
4. Bought a small console and added another Target lamp to bring a little elegance (love the brass!) and height to the area. I styled it with some charming items and of course, a plant! It looks really warm and inviting in the evening with just the 3 lamps on.
5. We needed a new bed and I had been eyeing this one and finally just ordered it.
6. Oh and can we just talk about that stool?! In LOVE! It’s part of Target’s new fall collection and one of my favorite new items this season! I think I’m going to pick up a few more for extra seating!
7. I also added a few items that are not pictured, but definitely add to an inviting guest room! A foldable luggage rack, a basket for clean towels, an extra throw, water bottles and some basic toiletries.