Share On Twitter Share on facebook Share on Pinterest Share on StumbleUpon

Share:

DIY Concrete Pumpkins

October 11, 2016 | Projects | Comments

diy-concrete-pumpkins-sugarandcharm-4diy-concrete-pumpkins-sugarandcharm-7diy-concrete-pumpkins-sugarandcharm-1diy-concrete-pumpkins-sugarandcharm-8diy-concrete-pumpkins-sugarandcharm-9diy-concrete-pumpkins-sugarandcharm-10diy-concrete-pumpkins-sugarandcharm-5diy-concrete-pumpkins-sugarandcharm-2diy-concrete-pumpkins-sugarandcharm-6

Who knew concrete could be so charming, right?! We made these DIY concrete pumpkins from silicone molds and a really cool, crafty concrete mixture! I think they’re adorable and have such a modern vibe to them too. They’re also super versatile and would look gorgeous on a table setting for Thanksgiving or add them to a spooky Halloween party. Perfect to set on a mantle for some charming fall decor too! After the season is over, pack them up and use them again next year!

We used ShapeCrete, which worked wonderfully and was incredibly easy! It’s a really fun product to play around with and the projects you can do are endless! A few years ago we actually bought different products to create our own ShapeCrete type of mixture, which was way more work! So this was really great to test out and WAY easier.

For these concrete pumpkins I bought two molds pumpkin votive 3.7 oz. silicone mold and the 5.5 oz. pumpkin candle mold. I bought three of the 5.5 ounce molds so I could make three pumpkins at a time.

Follow the directions on the back of ShapeCrete to create a plaster consistency. It’s a 3-to-1 ratio ShapeCrete and water. Just make sure it’s not too watery, otherwise it doesn’t set well.

Wearing gloves, mix really well in a bucket, then just pour into your molds. Let it sit for 1 to 2 days and then gently pull them from your mold.

You can paint and decorate the pumpkins as you please. Personally, I liked leaving them just as is! Enjoy!

Madcitizen.com

Cheers

Sweet Mornings

Sweet Mornings

In the Mix

In the Mix

FM ad 2

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

COMMENTS

9 Responses to DIY Concrete Pumpkins

• Pat Schwab says:

Signing up for new posts!

• Pat Schwab says:

Which molds did you purchase, the food grade or candle? Thanks, Pat S

• Eden Eden says:

I did the candle grade for these since they’re concert, but I did order a few food grade ones for a later project!

• Pat Schwab says:

Eden, Thanks for answering. I thought the site had a lot of unique and cool molds. I spent a long time looking at them yesterday. Since you ordered both candle and food safe molds I am wondering if you see any difference in them, such as thickness or sturdiness? So I assume you shouldn’t used molds with cement that you would use for food later.

• Eden Eden says:

Hi Pat! I actually didn’t see any difference in the molds! They felt the same to me… I guess just going based off the way they’re made with food safe materials. I won’t use the ones I used cement in for food, but I would make candles and stuff out of them!!

• Pat Schwab says:

Do the food safe molds say you can bake in the oven (or freeze) and if so up to what temp? Pat S

• Debra says:

Your link to silicon molds may be wrong. It took me to a skin care site that did sau silicon molds but when clicked said this page not there.

• Pat Schwab says:

The links work fine but the site does sell skin care products and a lot of really cool silicone and candle molds.

• Eden Eden says:

Hi Debra! That is where I got them… super random right?! But I honestly searched for hours because most of the molds ship from china and I didn’t want to wait and had a bad experience last time I ordered molds overseas!! This shop was really great and shipped super fast. The two links above link to the pumpkin molds…. you can search the site for other molds too. I hope that helps!!

Custom Wordpress theme by Jeff Roberts Web Design
x

Sign up for our monthly newsletter coming in 2016!