With the holidays finally upon us, we’re getting creative and crafty with Nestlé Toll House to make some edible chocolate chip cookie ornaments! Such a sweet surprise for your guests.
We used NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (the morsels come in the box, so no need to buy extra!) and melted NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® White Morsels to dip them in! We wanted to create something a little more modern and non-traditional, so we used orange, pink and white chocolate to dip these charming and edible ornaments in. I loved the way they turned out and they look adorable hanging on a tree. The only problem is waiting till after you decorate to eat them all! Enjoy and stay charming!
Make sure to watch the video for a fun tutorial and for my tip to make the cookies perfectly shaped!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ornaments
1 box NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 stick butter, room temperature
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
2 bags NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® White Morsels
Red (or pink) food coloring
Orange food coloring
Geometric shaped cookie cutters
3 inch round Pastry cutter
Toothpick or skewer
1. Follow the baking directions on the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Baking Mix.
2. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thick rectangle, leaving room along the edges for it to expand when baking.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.
4. Remove and let cool for about 15 minutes.
5. Press the cookie cutters into the large baked cookie to get the perfect cookie shape!
6. Place the cookies on a clean sheet of parchment paper and using a toothpick, put a small pinhole towards the top center of each cookie.
7. In a double broiler or microwavable bowl, melt the white morsels.
8. Divide the white morsels into 3 bowls (one to leave white, one to dye pink and one to dye orange).
9. Add 1 to 2 drops of red or pink food coloring into one of the melted white morsel bowls and stir. Then, add 1 or 2 drops of orange food coloring into one of the other melted white morsel bowls and stir. Do not add too much as the melted morsels will coagulate if you do!
10. Dip the bottom of the cookies in the pumpkin spice, white and pink melted morsels bowls. To get the layered look, dip one side, let it dry and then dip the other side.
11. If the melted morsels start to harden, microwave it for another few seconds.
12. Let the cookies dry completely before adding the string to the top.
13. Hang on a tree for a festive chocolate chip cookie centerpiece!