Homemade Meringue Buttercream Frosting
- 4egg whites
- 1 cuporganic cane sugar
- 3/4 cupgrass-fed butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoonvanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- Add the sugar and the egg whites into a heatproof mixing bowl.
- Fit the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until the mixture is hot,
- sugar is dissolved and the egg whites are a little frothy. About 4 minutes. It should
- look like a shiny marshmallow cream.
- With the whisk attachment, beat eggs on medium speed until cooled and thicker, for
- about 5 minutes. Switch to the paddle attachment and add in one stick of room
- temperature butter at a time beating until smooth. On medium speed add in vanilla bean extract.
- You should end up with a shiny, smooth and absolutely
- delicious buttercream frosting!