Lucky Charms Ice Cream Recipe
Author: Eden Passante
Serves: 1 quart
- 2 cupswhole milk
- 4 teaspoonscornstarch
- 1½ cupsheavy cream
- 3/4 cupsugar
- 2 tablespoonslight corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoonkosher salt
- 4 tablespoonscream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoonvanilla extract
- 4 cupsLucky Charms marshmallows
- 1/2 cupmarshmallow fluff
- In a bowl, stir together 1⁄4 cup milk and the cornstarch; set aside
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together remaining milk, heavy cream, sugar, syrup, and salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, watch it carefully as it will boil over quickly!
- Stir in the cornstarch mix and then return to a boil and cook. Stir constantly until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Place the softened cream cheese in a bowl and pour in 1⁄4 cup hot milk mixture.
- Whisk until completely smooth. No lumps in the cream cheese.
- Add it back into the main mixture and stir all together. Add in the vanilla
- Put the mixture, covered in the refrigerator. It must be completely cooled so leave it for a few hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker; process according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream is thickened, add in the marshmallows fluff and 4 cups of Lucky Charm marshmallows and churn a few times until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour into a container to freeze.