Watermelon & Honeydew Sangria Recipe
Author: Eden Passante
Serves: 2 gallons
- 12 cupswatermelon, cubed
- 5 cupshoneydew, cubed
- 15 strawberriessliced
- 1 lemonsliced
- 2 limessliced
- 1 cucumbersliced
- 1 bottledry white wine
- 1 cupgin or vodka
- 1/2 cuporange liqueur
- 4 cupsginger ale
- Handfulmint leaves
- Chop and slice all of the fruit and set aside.
- In a blender combine 9 cups watermelon cubes and 4 cups honeydew and blend with a splash gin until it becomes a liquid.
- Place the other 3 cups watermelon cubes and 1 cup honeydew cubes in the freezer to make fruit cubes to add to the sangria later.
- Using a mesh strainer or a sieve, strain the watermelon and honeydew juice over a pitcher. You can strain twice if it's still too thick.
- Add in the wine, orange liqueur and the rest of the sliced fruit.
- Stir and then add in the ginger ale.
- Before serving place the frozen watermelon and honeydew cubes in the sangria as well as some ice to water it down a bit.
- Serve with fresh mint and enjoy!