I was thinking about the daily things we enjoy in life that are absolutely free. To be honest, trying to entertain a two year old and not spend money every day is challenging! We do things like go to the park, take walks etc. But it got me thinking, what do we enjoy in daily life that’s totally free? I mean, even my beloved coffee and the internet aren’t free and those are the two things that help me through the day, ha! My 10 of the best things in life that are free list is below. I know I’m missing some, so tell me what you enjoy in life that’s free and maybe we can get some more ideas!
1.Walks and Hikes – We love nature hikes!
2. Laughing – It has so many health benefits and there’s even a yoga movement dedicated to laughing. Haven’t quite made it there yet but it’s pretty funny. Pun intended!
3. Days spent at the beach – Zan mentioned to just avoid those New Jersey beaches that charge you and send badge-checkers around to make sure you paid!
4. Reading – Books cost money, but libraries are free!
6. Hugs – Yeah there’s a movement for this too. Hugs really do make the day better.
7. Fruit – We love the free lemons that grow on our tree and pick them daily!
8. Landmarks and some museums – We’ll try and visit a few Los Angeles landmarks and free parks like the Hollywood sign, The Getty or Griffith Park. I know each city has free attractions, try to find them in your area.
9. Rain! Although we don’t get a lot of it, you better believe that we enjoy every ounce of that free water falling from the sky! When you haven’t seen rain for months (like sometimes 5 months) it gets a little depressing! There’s nothing better than a rainstorm or for us even an occasional cloudy day will do.
10. LOVE – It’s all you need : )