Today… is hosting day! I’m going to give a few tips for being a better host next time you have guests over! And I accompanied it with this cool retro photo because I’m kind of obsessed with these retro housewife pictures : ) Anyhoo… read my hosting tips below and have a wonderful Tuesday! By the way, S&C is getting a whole new blog look. Hopefully by tomorrow! I can’t wait : )
You’ve all probably read some of these tips before, but I’m just going to reiterate them so you’ll never forget 😉
1. Look presentable and be ready to party when your guests arrive. Although it might be hard, try not to look like you’ve been working hard in the kitchen all day. It doesn’t take that long to freshen up before your guests arrive.
2. Stand close to the entrance for the first half-hour so your guests will feel welcomed. Sometimes it’s awkward to walk into a party and you don’t see anyone you know!
3. Take their coats and offer them a drink within the first few minutes. People feel more comfortable and social when holding a drink in their hand… weird, I know.
4. If your guests happen to spill wine or food on your brand new rug, graciously accept the fact that it might be ruined. Clean it up and do not accept any offers from them, like buying a new rug! If you’re opening your home to people assume things might brake or spill.
5. Walk each guest out, handing them their coat. Never ask them to leave… sometimes people will linger and you want to get to bed because you have something to do early in the morning. Unfortunately, it’s rude to ask them to leave… so instead just stop serving drinks and food and eventually they will leave, haha!
Hope these help make you a sweet host! Now get your party on ; )
Photo credit: From here