Party Flags!! Cute, right? You can easily make them yourself. All different colors, sizes, etc. Stick them in flower arrangements, on cakes, hang them or wave them! Ha! Seriously, the ideas are endless : ) Here’s how you make them….
Fabric, interfacing, wooden stick, sewing machine
1. Fold the fabric into two. Cut a triangle, any size you want!
2. Then trace the triangle in a piece of interfacing. Interfacing is a material that will help keep the flag’s shape. You only need one piece.
3. Once you have the initial outline of the interfacing… cut 1/8th of an inch off the sides. You want it to be a little smaller than the fabric triangles.
4. Iron the interfacing into inside of one fabric piece. The rough, dotted edge (interfacing has a smooth side and a textured side) is the side that faces down so the dots can meld to the fabric.
5. Place your fabric materials together, interfacing in the middle. We aren’t turning this inside out so no need to place right sides together ; )
6. Fold the top of the flag down, about a 1/4 inch and cut off the little triangle ends. This is where you are going to place the wooden stick.
7. Sew around the edge of of your flag. Cut the excess material off right next to the stitch, just don’t cut the actually stitch! Get as close as you can.
8. Fold the same flap down as you did before and sew along the edge. You will make a small slot to push the wooden stick through.
I hope these directions make sense!! If you have any questions just email : )