I was sitting in the sauna at Burke Williams and these were my thoughts… when I was pregnant with Romeo, it was imperative to me that I took care of myself and my body. I felt healthy, strong and full of nutrients, which made me feel happy all around. I did yoga, hiked and ate well. I haven’t done any of this since Romeo’s birth and I’m struggling to get back into that routine. I’m having problems finding the time to take care of myself like I did before and I can feel it in my day to day life. So I’ve decided to make some big changes in my health, my mood and my outlook on life in general. It’s not just for me, but for my family too because when I’m a happy, healthy mama, they’re happy, healthy boys. It’s kind of like the “put the oxygen mask on yourself before you help others” situation. AND no I’m not giving up sweets! Actually, let’s just get one thing out of the way… I LOVE baking! It’s soothing to me, it’s a passion of mine and I will always eat sweets in moderation. I will forever bake for my boys and friends and understand the true meaning of a homemade birthday cake or decadent dessert. Actually, sweets and baking make me happy. Being happy is part of my compiled list of things I want to refresh and improve in my life. Read more for my top 13 healthy habits for a positive lifestyle.
1. Read The Happiness Project: I just started reading this book and I can’t put it down. It’s the perfect way to start the new year and to focus on being a happy and more positive person.
2. Take a multi-vitamin everyday, like I did when I was pregnant.
3. Be involved: Doing + Giving = Happiness.
4. Use Bobbie Brown’s Hydrating Face Cream every night. It’s time to take care of my very dehydrated skin!
5. Exfoliate: Do this three times a week… so important, but easy to forget.
6.Watch the movie Happy every other month. If you haven’t seen it, watch it. I think everyone should.
7. Always add lemon to my hot tea or water in the morning.
8. Drink Juice: There is a Pressed Juicery down the street from us. I feel amazing when I drink them as they are rich in pure, raw vegetable vitamins. When I’m done nursing Romeo I want to do a three day detox with Pressed. They’re great for lunch too!
8. Be nice to everyone and be positive always…
9. Relax: Instead of joining a gym, join a spa. It’s the best way to relax! Get a facial, enjoy the steam room and read a book in the hot tub.
10. Get my teeth professionally cleaned every 6 months.
11. Enjoy life’s simple pleasures. Ahem… baking.
12. Be outdoors: We are so fortunate to have amazing weather in SoCal and I feel happiest when I’m outside with my little boy. More hikes and walks are in our future.
13. Get into a better church routine.