For every new season we like to add simple touches to our home that welcome the season’s scents, colors and overall decor. Fall is one of my favorite seasons to decorate for because it’s the beginning of crisp weather and the holiday season. Most of the fall decor can stay around until November, just adding a few details in for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Below are 10 easy ways to bring fall into your home.
1. Add in hues of brown, orange and yellow to create a fall look like this beautiful sitting area.
2. Display the wood you’ll be using for cozy fall fires. We love this Iron Cabin Log Holder!
3. Switch out throw pillows to fall colors like burnt orange, plaid or even pumpkins. You can just buy the pillow cases and put them over the inserts you already have. Store them after fall for next year.
4. Tossing a cozy, orange throw over a chair or in a basket is another easy way to add a little fall decor to your home.
5. Fall wreaths are great for front doors, but can be used throughout the inside of the house, in windows or interior doors. Instant fall decor!
6. Pick up some pumpkins at the store for a table centerpiece, to place in the entry way and throughout the house. We adore Fairy Tale pumpkins for their mahogany brown color and unique shape. Image via here.
7. Switch out summer candles with fall scented ones like pumpkin, cinnamon and spice.
8. Also, switching out hand soaps and lotions for the kitchen and guest bathroom is a great way to add the scent of fall throughout your home. It’s all in the details!
9. Add a variety of wooden accents like bowls, trays, boxes, platters, etc. Wood brings a cozy fall feeling to a home.
10. Add tall sticks or something similar to these maple leaves in display vases around the house.
First photo via Country Living