This year we were inspired by Dia de Los Muertos, aka Day of the Dead and created 3 original charming ideas using sugar skulls as the theme. But with all of the gorgeous inspiration and DIY projects around the web, we thought we’d round up a few of our favorites festive ideas for hosting your own Dia de Los Muertos party! Major eye candy!!
1. Colorful florals are the perfect centerpiece! Photo via Hostess with the Mostess.
2. Signature drink – A Marigold Muerte Cocktail! Great recipe from Tikkido.
3. Make your own Sugar Skulls by Sugar and Charm.
4. Create a super festive setting using colorful streamers! We love this idea via Green Wedding Shoes.
6. Awesome face masks from World Market are great for photos. Also, love the entire Dia de los Muertos collection there!
8. Create gorgeous floral headpieces for everyone to wear! DIY tutorial on Sugar and Charm.
9. One of the most stunning Sugar Skull cakes we’ve ever seen. Can you imagine serving this? Show stopper!
10. Fun DIY Tissue Paper Pom Pom bunting. Tutorial on P.S. blog.
11. Add tradition by making this incredible Marigold-Infused Tequila. Get the how-to on Sweet Life.
12. Leave it to Bakerella to make the most adorable Sugar Skull Cake Pops! Recipe here!
13. Make it a real celebration by breaking open a Sugar Skull piñata! Photo via Spiffy Press.