Tis’ the season for holiday gatherings and fun-filled festivities! It’s always special to have a little activity for guests to do during a party, so we created this festive DIY gingerbread house station! By putting together this charming station, guests of any age will be able to make their own jolly gingerbread houses to take home! It doubles as a great party favor too! Below are my tips for creating a fun and sweet DIY Gingerbread House Station:
1. Use mini-gingerbread houses. They’re easier to decorate, dry faster and smaller to transport. They also fit in cellophane bags perfectly!
2. Choose your theme. I went with a somewhat non-traditional Christmas theme and used green, blue and pink. So all of my bowls, candy and frosting choices were those colors to keep it cohesive.
3. Have the frosting ready to go in piping bags fitted with tips! Depending on how many guests you’ll be having, make enough frosting for all of them to construct and decorate a mini-gingerbread house.
4. Tie each house’s parts together with all the parts to make 1 house. This way guests can be surprised at what style they’ll get and it looks super cute!
5. Have cellophane bags and festive strings for them to package their amazing creations up and take home.