Happy New Year!! We’re starting the year out with a clean sweep! Over the past 6 months, I’ve been cleaning out every nook and cranny in my home and donating items to local organizations. I went through my closet and donated 13 bags of clothes! I can’t tell you how freeing and rejuvenating it is to clean house. Our home feels open and less cluttered, and I’m able to donate nice items to organizations that give back to our community.
So, continuing on our cleaning mission, we’ve teamed up with Glad and their Glad to Give program which makes giving easier than ever! Everyone can give by donating gently-used items. For the month of January, Glad is inviting everyone to start their year off right through giving. Simply fill your yellow bag with an item each day to help clear out the clutter, and bring warmth and happiness to others. I’m doing it at our house and helped my mother-in-law start the process in her home too!
Here are a few of my tips for cleaning clutter to donate:
1. Choose one section of your home to go through, organize and clean every day in January. From drawers, closets, cupboards or even under the sink, make a plan to organize them in sections.
2. Take all of the items out and then clean the space well. Dust, mop, etc.
3. Only put things back in that you LOVE and NEED. If you have duplicates, donate one. If you haven’t used it in years, donate it. I had so many towels and blankets I had accumulated over the years and decided to get rid of most of them, only keeping what we truly needed. This can be a hard process and sometimes it’s nice to have a friend help you!
4. Give everything a home, consolidate and have just one box for all of your sentimental items. If you’re cleaning a hallway closet, try using just one shelf for towels, one shelf for blankets, etc.
5. Put the gently-used items, in good condition, in your stretchy yellow Glad ForceFlex bags to donate! These bags are great for heavy donations!
We’re also running a little giveaway on Facebook for your own Glad prize pack! Visit GladtoGive.com for more information and use #GladtoGive to join the movement on social media.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Glad Products Company. The opinions and text are all mine.