We’re taking brownies to the next level with these Chocolate Bourbon Brownies! They’re super moist and the bourbon adds extra layers of flavor with hints of vanilla, oak and caramel. The recipe is incredibly easy to follow and if you want, you can watch me make them here in a video!
These are great to serve all year long! Fall or Father’s Day!
I’ve personally always liked my brownies plain, with no ice cream or anything. They’re just so satisfying and perfect alone, but in this case, serving them with a small glass of bourbon on the rock isn’t a bad idea!
- 1½ sticks (12 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bitter sweet
- 2 ounces semi sweet
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and chocolate, then let it cool to room temp.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy and pale yellow in color… about 10 minutes.
- Add in sugar and continue to beat.
- Add in vanilla, salt and bourbon.
- Fold in flour and baking soda.
- Pour into a 9x9x13 greased baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.