We recently got introduced to Comparaboo. We were instantly swept up by how easy it makes online shopping. It literally pulls hundreds of online reviews, analyzes them and determines the top products based on the research. It’s full of the best products in hundreds of categories, ranks the items and finds you the lowest price!
I was extremely excited to test the site out and shopped for 3 items I’ve been wanting to purchase for awhile. I stayed within a reasonable budget to see if I could find an espresso machine, waffle maker and a bike! I thought it would be a challenge, but Comparaboo made it fun. I got a little sucked into the “best of” category and found myself looking at the best of everything, even coffee tumbles, ha!! It’s addicting!
First I headed to the best coffee maker list! I thought I would have to dish out a lot of money for an espresso machine, but was shocked when I saw the DeLonghi (EC 155) with excellent reviews for only $76! I went with that one. So far I love playing barista and making my own espresso shots in the morning, using illy and almond milk!
For the next product, I headed to the Comparaboo’s waffle maker list. I finally decided on the All-Clad Classic Round waffle maker! This is an item I’ve been wanting for a long time, so I was so happy they had it on the top of the list. Yes, I didn’t go with number one, my choice was based on the most charming one with the best reviews ; ) I already starting making the most delicious yeast waffles (Don’t let the name fool you, they’re divine! Recipe below!).
The last item was tricky because I’ve been wanting a bike so badly, just for quick rides to the grocery store, juice cafe and coffee shops. I love riding a bike since there’s something so nostalgic about it. I needed one that was affordable, but also very charming. I used the Comparaboo best hybrid bikes list and chose the Critical Cycles Dutch style city bike. It wasn’t the easiest to put together but it looks so charming! I’m definitely looking forward to evening bike rides!
Yeast Waffles with Bacon, Brandy and Bananas!
This waffle recipe is by far the best waffle recipe ever! It’s bananas! haha If you haven’t made yeast waffles, you need to try this now! Also, putting bacon and brandy inside the batter was the best decision I’ve ever made, ha! I topped it off with bananas sautéed with butter, brandy and syrup, then a dollop of Crème fraîche. You also make the batter the night before and just have to beat the eggs in the morning, which I personally love since I can clean my mess up at night and be ready to go in the am!
This post was in collaboration with Comparaboo.
Bacon Brandy and Banana Waffles
- 1/2 cup warm water
- .25 oz package active dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups lukewarm whole milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1.25 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 pieces cooked bacon chopped
- 4 pieces bacon, garnish
- 3 bananas sliced, garnish
- In a large bowl, add the yeast, sugar and warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add in the milk, honey, vanilla, brandy, salt and flour and whisk until smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a cool area or in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, beat the eggs and baking soda on high until frothy, then add and mix into the batter along with the chopped bacon.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and chop 5 pieces, saving a few to garnish with later.
- Follow the waffle maker instructions, but overall pour the batter into the machine and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, toss some butter, syrup and brandy to sauté the bananas and pour all over the waffles!! So yum.