It’s that time of year! We’re buying carrots at the store and incorporating them into our favorite recipes!
Pancakes were on the top of the list, so I turned my favorite carrot cake cupcakes into carrot cake pancakes with cream cheese glaze and they’re delicious!! This recipe has coconut, pineapple, cinnamon and of course pureed carrots. When topped with the cream cheese glaze… it’s like carrot cake heaven. Bunny approved!
Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pureed carrots, boil them and then puree in a blender
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Cream Cheese Frosting/Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, almost melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water, or more if needed for consistency
- Boil carrots until soft, then puree them in a blender.
- Combine the milk and white vinegar and set aside to curdle for 10 minutes. Then add in the pineapple, pureed carrots, 1 egg and melted butter.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Heat coconut oil or vegetable oil in a large skillet to make pancakes.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter on high. Add in powdered sugar, vanilla and water and continue to beat until the glaze is smooth.