These coconut raspberry swirl cupcakes are so delicious and so addictive, based on an Ina Garten recipe, I’ve amped it up with a scrumptious raspberry filling – yum! These are an easy dessert and a perfect Easter treat!
I’ve been wanting to try Ina’s incredible Coconut Cupcake recipe for a while. I added a little twist and made them Coconut Raspberry Swirl Cupcakes adding a fresh raspberry filling inside and a few tablespoons to the frosting to give it a swirl.
I also added a teaspoon of coconut extract to the batter to give it an extra coconut boost! These are a great spring dessert and perfect for an Easter celebration! Oh and I picked up those adorable floral liners from the Dollar Tree! Read more for the raspberry filling recipe…
How To Make The Raspberry Filling For These Coconut Raspberry Swirl Cupcakes – Step By Step
- Add the cornstarch to the water and stir so it melts. Then add everything into a medium-size pot and bring to a boil until thickens.
- Use a whisk to mix the berries up. Let it simmer for 15 minutes stirring often. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Make a hole in the top of the cupcake and then fill with raspberry filling. Add 2 tablespoons of the berry sauce to the frosting. Do not stir! Just add it to the piping bag and pipe.
- The frosting will come out with a nice raspberry swirl!
Ina’s Awesome Cupcake Recipe!
Ina’s coconut cupcake recipe has been on my to-make list for quite some time, now I’ve finally got round to making them I can say they do not disappoint!
Light and full of sweet flavors, the coconut comes through perfectly. These cupcakes are a great delivery platform for the scrumptious raspberry filling, and they are really straightforward to make.
Swirl Cupcakes – The Perfect Easter Cupcakes
Easter is always a time for bright colors and yummy sweet treats. These coconut raspberry swirl cupcakes are perfect for Easter. They are light and have that lovely red swirl on top, the family will love them!
Raspberry Filled Cupcakes
Ina’s recipe is delicious and the perfect staging ground for a scrumptious and sweet raspberry filling. Filled cupcakes are such a delightful treat, biting through that fluffy cupcake into that tangy-sweet filling, yum! Everyone will be coming back for ‘just one’ more!
Top Tips For Coconut Raspberry Swirl Cupcakes
- Add a teaspoon of coconut extract to Ina’s batter, for an extra coconut flavor.
- Use fresh berries.
- When adding the berry filling to the frosting, do not stir, otherwise, you will get a pink color, rather than lovely streaks in the frosting.
- Make sure you strain the filling thoroughly.
Check Out These Other Delicious Cupcake Recipes
Easy Chocolate Cupcakes by Sugar Spun Run
Moist Vanilla Cupcake Recipe by Preppy kitchen
If you have tried this coconut raspberry swirl cupcakes recipe, then please rate it and let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious, healthy, family-friendly food!
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup sugar depending on how sweet you want it. You can start with a 1/4 cup and then add more if you need.
- Add the cornstarch to the water and stir so it melts. Then add everything into a medium size pot and bring to a boil until thickens. Use a whisk to mix the berries up. Let it simmer for 15 minutes stirring often. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Make a hole in the top of the cupcake and then fill with raspberry filling. Add 2 tablespoons of the berry sauce to the frosting. Do not stir! Just add it to the piping bag and pipe. The frosting will come out with a nice raspberry swirl!