An easy tutorial for turning a utility cart into DIY bar cart! Turn a simple, silver utility cart into something you love for a fraction of the cost!
I shared this pretty cool utility cart to bar cart transformation on my dear friend, Jen’s site, The Effortless Chic.
Here’s how the DIY bar cart came to fruition. While I was out, I spotted this affordable industrial cart and instantly thought it would make a great bar cart… especially for outdoor entertaining this summer.
With a few supplies, I transformed the utility cart to a chic, sturdy bar cart!
DIY Utility Bar Cart
I bought spray paint and got some soft upholstery leather from the Leather Hide Store to transform this standard silver cart into something stylish!
- Purchased a utility cart. I got mine from Sams Club for $60.
- Assemble the cart and make sure to leave the bumpers off, it looks much nicer without them!
- Sand the metal as much as you can. The more the better, use different grades of sandpaper too.
- Tape off the wheels, and spray paint the cart any color you want!
- The cart comes with plastic you can place on each shelf. I chose to only include one for the bottom.
- Next, I covered the bottom plastic piece in upholstery leather from Leather Hide Store and used hot glue to adhere it to the back of the plastic, effortless but looks chic!!
- I also cut a small piece of leather for the handle on the bar cart. I also adhered the leather to the handle with a small amount of hot glue and it’s very sturdy!
More Home Projects You’ll Love
Let us know if you make your own bar cart! We’d love to see it, so tag us on social @Sugarandcharm.