An easy tutorial for turning a utility cart into DIY bar cart!
I shared this pretty cool utility cart to bar cart transformation on my dear friend, Jen’s site, The Effortless Chic.
Here’s how the DIY bar cart came to fruition. While I was out, I spotted this affordable industrial cart and instantly thought it would make a great bar cart… especially for outdoor entertaining this summer.
With a few supplies, I transformed the utility cart to a chic, sturdy bar cart!
I bought spray paint and got some soft upholstery leather from the Leather Hide Store to transform this standard silver cart into something stylish!
- Purchased a utility cart. I got mine from Sams Club for $60.
- Assemble the cart and make sure to leave the bumpers off, it looks much nicer without them!
- Sand the metal as much as you can. The more the better, use different grades of sandpaper too.
- Tape off the wheels, and spray paint the cart any color you want!
- The cart comes with plastic you can place on each shelf. I chose to only include one for the bottom.
- I covered the bottom plastic piece in upholstery leather from Leather Hide Store and used hot glue to adhere it to the back of the plastic, effortless but looks chic!!
- I also cut a small piece of leather for the handle on the bar cart. I also adhered the leather to the handle with a small amount of hot glue and it’s very sturdy!