Cost-friendly DIY for beautiful enamel painted vases. These are easy to make and look chic on a shelf or for events!
Enamel painted vases – I’m in love! If you like to paint, I have a really fun project to share today! My inspiration for these easy DIY enamel painted vases came from a restaurant in Sonoma called El Dorado Kitchen.
I’ve always loved the fresh, modern design of the lobby and the eye-catching green and white enamel painted vases that are displayed on white shelves.
I decided to make my own cost-friendly version of this design, which included a quick Martha Stewart tutorial and a trip to the Dollar Store, where I picked up these three vases.
I’ve always loved the fresh, modern design of the lobby and the eye-catching green and white enamel painted vases that are displayed on white shelves. I decided to make my own cost-friendly version of this design, which included a quick Martha Stewart tutorial and a trip to the Dollar Store, where I picked up these three vases.
Supplies: Three different sized vases from the Dollar Store, dishwasher safe PermEnamel paint in Mediterranean Blue and White (or whatever color you prefer), PermEnamel Surface Conditioner from Michaels Arts and Crafts store, paper towels, paint brush, and a mixing bowl.
Directions for DIY Enamel Vases
1. Clean the vases with hot, soapy water.
2. When they are completely dry, pour some surface conditioner in and cover the inside of the vase. Pour out the excess and let the vase dry.
3. Get the exact color you envision by mixing your PermEnamel paints in a mixing bowl, then pour inside the vase.
4. Paint the inside of the glass using ta paintbrush to cover the inside surface.
5. Once the vase is painted, lay it on a paper towel to let the thick paint drip off. You will be amazed at how much comes out! The longer it’s upside down, the thinner the coating will be. I liked the thicker look so I only kept it upside down only for a few minutes.
6. Turn the vase back over and touch up the drips inside. Every fifteen minutes you can even out the thickness on the bottom of the vase as the paint will start to collect.
7. Let these dry over night and in the morning you should have a beautiful decor vase! Remember these beautiful enamel-painted vases are only for DECOR. Don’t drink out of them! You can put water in them, but it may damage the finish eventually. I’m simply sitting them on the shelf, like the photos to the right
Follow us for your daily dose of Sugar and Charm on Instagram!
More DIY Projects
Let us know if you make these easy enamel painted vases! We’d love to know your thoughts!!