We’re so excited to show you our latest video on how to frost charming pineapple cookies!! The art of frosting cookies can be a difficult one. Especially those beautifully outlined and detailed sugar cookies people spend hours making! That’s why I love playing around with easy piping tips because once you find a good technique, there really isn’t an easier way to frost a cookie. Okay, you could just use a knife and smother the frosting on… but let’s be honest, this isn’t 3rd grade anymore!! So, show people how talented you are at cookie art with this SUPER easy, fun video tutorial on how to frost charming pineapple cookies!!
You’ll want to use the buttercream frosting recipe below, because you need a thick frosting. You’ll also need a leaf piping tip and piping bags.
Pineapple Buttercream Frosting recipe
- 2 sticks butter room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable shortening room temperature
- 8 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons of whole milk
- 3 teaspoons pineapple extract
- 1 tsp Yellow and green food coloring
- Whip the butter and shortening until they’re smooth.
- Add in the sugar, 2 cups at a time and continue to beat.
- Add in the milk in between alternating with the sugar. Beat on high until the frosting is fluffy. You want it to be thick, but not too thick where it won’t pipe smoothly.
- Divide the frosting up into 2 bowls to add food coloring to each of them.
- We used a tiny bit of gel food coloring to get the desired green and yellow we wanted.
- Watch the video and get frostin’!!