I created this truffle bar last January for Style At Home and realized I never posted the photos on Sugar and Charm! Since Valentine’s Day is coming up in two weeks I thought I would share my idea for a truffle bar. I used Ina’s amazing truffle recipe and the placed them all on a plate. Then I set out 4 toppings that would taste great on top of a melt-in-your-mouth truffle! I used chopped hazelnut, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and coconut and they were all delicious! At the end of the bar I set out milk because those truffles are rich and nothing goes better with them than a glass of milk (or chocolate milk)! You can package them up in white to-go boxes and tie it with twine. I think they would make an excellent Valentine’s treat for co-workers and friends too! Read Ina’s truffle recipe below 🙂
These truffles are the perfect Valentine treat, but I won’t tell if you make them year-round!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 24 truffles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz bitter sweet chocolate
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon prepared coffee
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- Heat the heavy cream just under boiling, it will boil quickly so put it to simmer until it’s hot.
- Chop the chocolate and place in a glass bowl. Pour the hot heavy cream over the chocolate to melt the chunks.
- Add the vanilla, hot coffee and Grand Marnier
- Mix until melted and refrigerate for 45 minutes. Place on a platter and let your guests dip away
- With a small scooper or spoon, place little balls on parchment paper. They don’t need to be perfectly shaped, as truffles are usually not exactly round.
Photo Credit: Sugar and Charm
Amount Per Serving
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Vitamin A 78IU2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.