If there’s one thing we love at Sugar and Charm, it’s things that are sweet and charming of course! We happily teamed up with one of our favorite brands, method, to create a delicious dessert that not only satisfies the palate, but also looks beautiful. It’s the best white chocolate mousse recipe that has the perfect balance of sweetness and white chocolate taste!
We colored each shot of mousse blue, orange and green ombre to match the charming packaging of method’s nourishing hand soap. Yes, we make a lot of messes around the S&C test kitchen, so we’re always washing our hands!! Honestly speaking, not only is the soap super nourishing and gentle (it feels smooth when you touch it!), but the packaging actually looks charming!
The mousse is fairly rich, so making them mousse shots is the way to go. See the recipe below! Cheers to Ombre White Chocolate Mousse and keeping things charming and clean!
Ombre White Chocolate Mousse
- 10 ounces white chocolate, chopped into very small pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 c Gel food coloring in blue, green and orange
- Chop the chocolate into fine pieces and place in a large bowl. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl until light and frothy.
- In a saucepan, bring 1/4 cup of the heavy cream to a simmer over low heat. Pour the heated cream in the bowl with the yolk and sugar mixture to temper.
- Then, pour the mixture back into the saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon until it coats the back of it.
- Pour hot mix over the chopped chocolate. Stir until completely smooth. Let the chocolate sit until room temperature, but still melted.
- In another bowl, whip remaining 1 1/2 cups of the cream to stiff peaks. Fold half the whipped cream into the white chocolate mix to lighten and then fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- To make them ombre, bring out several bowls. Add a spoonful of the mousse into two separate bowls. Dye one dark blue and then spoon a small amount of that mixture into the other bowl to make a lighter shade.
- In a piping bag, add the dark blue first, then the light blue and then white mousse.
- When you pipe it into the shot glasses, it will give it the ombre look. Enjoy!