One of the best Moscow Mules I’ve ever had was at the SoHo house in West Hollywood. The ginger and lime taste we’re both very prominent in the cocktail and none of the ingredients tasted watered down! It was absolutely delicious! They generously shared the recipe in their book and the secret is… there is no ginger beer in the cocktail! It’s simply homemade ginger syrup, lime, vodka with splash of club soda. Sometimes the ginger flavor in ginger beer can be subtle and watery, so this makes sense! Also, another thing that’s different are the simple syrup ingredients. Instead of equal parts water, sugar and fresh chopped ginger, it’s equal parts ginger juice and caster sugar, which also adds to a more intense flavor of ginger! We adapted it and added a little less simple syrup and a splash of pineapple juice to the recipe.
Pineapple and Ginger Moscow Mule
- 1½ ounce vodka Tito’s, Grey Goose, Kettle One
- ¾ ounce Ginger Simple Syrup
- Juice of ½ lime freshly squeezed
- splash pineapple juice (1/4 ouncand a splash of club soda
- Pineapple and Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh ginger juice
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Combine the vodka, simple syrup and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with a single ice cube.
- Shake well, then strain over ice into a copper mug.
- Add a splash of pineapple juice and top with club soda.
- Garnish with a lime, candied pineapple or a pineapple flower!
- Pineapple Ginger Simple Syrup
- Bring to a simmer to reduce the sugar and juice.
- Remove from heat, let it cool then transfer to a bottle to keep in the fridge.