Last week we shared a recipe for the most delicious raspberry shortbread cookies with raspberry salt on The Glitter Guide! They were a huge hit in my house and I think a perfect sandwich cookie to give to your co-workers, friends or loved ones for Valentine’s Day!
Raspberry Shortbread Cookies with Raspberry Salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, vanilla extract will work too
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3.5 tablespoons fresh raspberry puree, blend 1/2 cup raspberries until smooth
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- With an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and mix. Add in the vanilla bean paste. In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Give it a little whisk then slowly add the flour mixture to the butter. Mix on low, just until combined.
- Prepare two baking sheets and place to the side.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into hearts by using a small heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place the hearts on a cookie sheet and in the fridge for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 17 minutes, until edges are slightly browned. Cool before frosting.
- Place the white chocolate in a bowl and melt in the microwave for a few seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until light and creamy. Add the raspberry puree and vanilla and continue to beat.
- Slowly add in the melted chocolate and powdered sugar.
- Add in the whipping cream to create a lighter consistency. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Place the raspberry filling in a piping bag. Cut off the tip and use to fill the cookies.
- Place both ingredients in a small bowl. Using a fork, mix them together until the salt turns pink and there are no clumps. Sprinkle a small amount on each cookie.