The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Author: Eden Passante
- 1 cupbutter, softened
- 1 cupgranulated sugar
- 1 cupbrown sugar
- 1½teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- 1 teaspoonbaking powder
- 1 teaspoonbaking soda
- 2 largeeggs
- 2 cupsall-purpose flour
- 2½ cupsrolled oats, ground into a fine powder
- 2½ cupssemisweet chocolate chips
- pinchsea salt to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure 2½ cups oats then add them to a food processor and grind the rolled oats into a fine powder. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, cream together butter, white and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and continue to mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and ground oats.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough over night.
- Using a cookie scooper, make golf sized balls and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes. Do not over bake! Take them out more doughy and let them sit. If you over bake you won't get the same gooey, soft cookie.