This red sangria is so fruity and delicious! It’s such a quick and easy cocktail, that can be made in a batch. A perfect make ahead drink for a party, and there won’t be a drop left by the end!
‘Tis the season for good cocktails that serve many! My all red sangria recipe is the perfect holiday cocktail to serve!
It’s made with red wine and of course all red fruit! I teamed up with Apothic this year to create wine cocktail recipes that will be featured in-store next spring!
This is a little sneak peek at one of the recipes we created and a little ode to our popular Black Sangria recipe! Enjoy!
How To Make Red Sangria – Step By Step
- Add all of the ingredients into a pitcher.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
- When you’re ready to serve, add in the club soda and give it a good stir.
- Add in ice if you prefer.
How Should I Serve Sangria?
If you’ve got a punch bowl, use that. However, sangria can be served in a pitcher and If your plan is to sip this delicious sangria throughout the day – or save it in your fridge for the whole weekend – you can opt for a punch dispenser.
Is Sangria Sweet?
Sangria is as sweet as you want to make it! Really, you can alter the sweetness.
As a general rule, it’s going to be fruity, so a drier red wine is a great base, to keep that sugar content down. Pick fruits that lean more tart than sweet.
Origins Of Sangria
From its roots in Spain, Sangria has grown to become a popular, refreshing party drink around the world.
However, in the United States, Sangria was first tasted at the 1964 World’s Fair in New York.
The Spanish World area served this fruity wine punch to its visitors and the rest is history!
Top Tips For Red Sangria
- Add ice to the glass as you serve, to avoid to much diluting
- Try to use the freshest fruit you can (excluding the maraschino cherries).
- For an extra kick, you could marinade the fruit overnight in rum!
- You can let the sangria marinade for longer, to get a fruitier flavor.
Check Out These Other Delicious Wine Cocktail Recipes
If you have tried this Red Sangria recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious cocktails and party ideas!
Red Sangria Recipe
- 1 bottle Apothic Red
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 cup red raspberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup real maraschino cherries, about 10-15 cherries
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 sliced red pear
- 1/4 cup simple syrup, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar boiled for 10 minutes until sugar melts, then cooled
- 1 cup club soda
- Add all of the ingredients into a pitcher and refrigerate for 2 hours or more. When you’re ready to serve, add in the club soda and give it a good stir. Add in ice if you prefer.