Banana breakfast sandwiches – yum! Sharing this recipe from Tyler Florence’s baby food book, Start Fresh. It’s great for kids!
The book is not just about purees… it also features recipes for the whole family too : ) There was no stopping me from making these banana breakfast sandwiches this past Sunday.
They are totally delicious and pretty filling, to say the least. The only thing I did differently in the recipe used actual slices from a french loaf (instead of sliced bread) and maple syrup rather than honey.
If you’re looking for a different way to serve french toast, this is a great recipe!
More Brunch Recipes!
French Toast Puffs – These are the BEST!
- 2 Bananas cut in half lengthwise
- 4 slices french bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- maple syrup
- confectioner’s sugar
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Soak the french bread in the mixture for a few minutes or until the bread is saturated. Melt the butter in a large pan and place two pieces of bread down until slightly browned.
- Turn over and then arrange bananas over the top.
- Add the other slice of bread and then flip the sandwiches.
- Use a heavy pan or a lid to press the sandwiches down to make them more like a panini. Brown each side of the sandwich.
- When both sides are golden, remove and add more butter, maple syrup, and powdered sugar.