These are called french toast puffs and they’re the most delicious version of french toast ever! A crispy and crunchy outside with a soft, almost doughy like, puff inside. Seriously amazing! See below the pics for the recipe. I’ve been contemplating starting a “Sweet Mornings” Monday breakfast series on Sugar and Charm, featuring some really tasty breakfast recipes. Maybe it could be bi-monthly. I’m a big fan of brunch and sometimes I even eat breakfast for dinner, ha! I think it’s safe to say that it’s my favorite meal of the day. I also want to experiment with recipes because I need to build up a good list of weekend breakfast options for when my little boy can eat! What do you all think?
- 1 loaf french bread
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, or more if needed
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cut the french bread roll into 1-2″ cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla paste.
- Add the bread cubes into the bowl with the egg mixture and move them around until they’ve all been coated. Let them soak for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, place the cubes in the pan.
- Turn them often so they don’t burn on one side.
- Once they become a dark golden brown, remove them. Add butter, syrup and powdered sugar to the top. Enjoy