This may be the best grapefruit ice recipe I’ve had. I was actually amazed at how much I enjoyed this incredibly easy and refreshing old fashioned dessert, inspired from a recipe in a vintage cookbook. It reminds me of an icy snow cone, but instead of mysterious artificial ingredients it’s made with only 3 simple ingredients including fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice! It’s a yummy alternative to a heavy dessert. You can use any type of fresh-squeezed juice or sugar to create yummy flavor combinations. Enjoy!
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- Bring the water and sugar to a slight boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Add in 2 cups of grapefruit juice and stir.
- Pour into a loaf pan a freeze overnight.
- When it’s frozen, use an ice cream scooper to shave the ice and serve in individual cups.