If you follow me on Instagram, you know I painted one wall in my dining room with chalkboard paint. I was hesitant at first, but then decided to do it because, my goodness, it’s only paint! I like the color and texture of chalk paint and I absolutely love the entire wall black. The dilemma was that I wasn’t sure what to draw on it. I didn’t want random scribbles or funny drawings from Zan and friends or Romeo because it’s my dining room and you know boys, it could get messy! So for the holiday party we decided to put Sugar and Charm’s logo on the wall in chalk. You can do this with any type or design. For Christmas, you could write Be Merry or words of wisdom. Transferring the logo to the chalkboard wall was surprisingly pretty easy and I’m keeping it up until the next party! We strung marshmallows on gold wire to look like snow and hung it in front of the logo, it was very festive and charming! Here’s how you do it:
- Choose a design, type or whatever you want to go on the wall and save it as a high res jpeg or png on a small USB flash drive.
- Take it to Kinkos, Staples or an office supply shop to have it blown up.
- Just get the cheapest, black and white giant print they have. It cost us $7 to blow it up to 4′ x 3′
- Turn the paper design face down and with chalk, scribble all over the back, mainly where the design is.
- Tape the paper onto the wall where you want the design to go.
- Using a pencil, trace the design. The chalk that you scribbled on the back will create an outline on the wall.
- Remove the paper and fill in the rest of the design with the chalk!