Okay, so I have a confession to make…we host game day parties just for the food and drinks! I know, surprising right? It’s really the best time to indulge in a little comfort food, which is something we don’t do often, but LOVE! There are 2 appetizers that are always a hit when hosting a game day. They’re my all time favorite, very nostalgic and I actually don’t think it can truly be a game day spread without them. Homemade cheese and garlic baked artichoke dip and the easiest bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers ever. This easy artichoke dip recipe is one of the best I’ve had and it’s perfect to dip colorful vegetables, crackers or chips into. Beware though, you might eat the entire dish because it’s that darn good. The poppers are something we’ve made for years. They’re incredibly simple to make and taste amazing. Paired with cold refreshing beer, these appetizers are how I do game day entertaining! It only happens a few times a year… and it’s so worth it. Delicious recipes below!
And something that we don’t often talk about is getting to and from the party. A few weeks ago Zan and I went on a date to a nice restaurant in Hollywood and we were enlightened and thrilled when our server asked if he could call us an Uber to take us to our next stop! They actually scheduled the ride for us and everything was set when we were ready to leave. It was the nicest detail and so thoughtful for this restaurant to suggest. When entertaining I always say it’s the small details that make a party stand out and part of that is safety. If you’re a guest going to a game day party or if you have a guest leaving your party, be a #DesignatedRider. Please be responsible and call an Uber (or any other form of transportation) to take you to and from your location so we can ensure your safety and safe roads for all of us. If you’re hosting and your guests drove, offer to call an Uber and leave their car safely parked. It’s imperative we drive safe and not under the influence. There really is no excuse when you can call an Uber and it allows you to enjoy worry-free celebrating! You can read more about it here.
So be safe on game day, stay charming and cheers!!
Two Must-Make Game Day Appetizers
Cheesy Baked Artichoke Dip
- 13 ounces can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 jalapeños
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half
Cheesy Baked Artichoke Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together and bake for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with paprika for a little color!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Use gloves to handle the peppers and cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Cut up the block of cream cheese into 20 equal pieces. Fill each jalapeño half with cream cheese (I like to use my fingers to press it in, super easy!). Wrap each pepper with a half slice of bacon. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked. Pop in your mouth and save some for the others!