A refreshing and easy watermelon lemonade recipe that is perfect for summer parties! It’s light and citrusy and can be made with homemade lemonade or store-bought! Truly the most perfect drink for a 4th of July party or pool party!
With a plethora of lemons that grow around here, I’m always thinking of different ways I can use my favorite homemade lemonade recipe.
This time I gave it the ultimate summer twist and spruced it up by adding fresh, puréed watermelon juice and whole chunks of watermelon in the drink dispenser to make watermelon lemonade!
It really is the best summer drink!
The result is an incredibly delicious watermelon lemonade! The watermelon gives it a sweet and refreshing taste. I served the yummy drink in 24oz plastic cups with lids (perfect for outdoor summer parties) and jumbo straws so you can sip up watermelon chunks.
However, you can also serve in 24-ounce Ball Jars with a large glass straw. These wide-mouth jars are perfect for watermelon lemonade.
Watermelon Lemonade Ingredients
Lemonade – Homemade or Store-bought will work. We love Newman’s Own Light Lemonade.
Watermelon Juice – We use our homemade watermelon juice. It’s the freshest you can get! However, you can buy watermelon juice at the grocery store now. So if you want to keep it easy, just buy it.
Serve this lemonade in a large drink dispenser or pitcher. It makes a lot, so you will need two pitchers.
Tips for Making Watermelon Lemonade
- You do not have to make your lemonade if you don’t have time! A nice, low-sugar
store-boughtlemonade is fine to mix with homemade watermelon juice.
- Making it for just the adults? Spike it with some vodka for the perfect summer cocktail!
- You can also use a sugar substitute when making this. Something like Stevia would help keep the sugar lower. You can also just add less sugar.
- Add a stick of watermelon, lemon, and ice into a cup. Then, pour the lemonade in. This makes a really pretty presentation.
When to Serve Watermelon Lemonade
This drink is made for a party! Serve on any sunny occasion, such as:
How to Store Watermelon Lemonade
This recipe will last about 5 days in the refrigerator without ice. If you store it with ice it will dilute the lemonade. You can make this recipe a few days ahead of time, but for ultimate freshness, the day before or the day of your party is best.
Store in a pitcher in the refrigerator.
More Summer Drink Recipes
There is nothing better than a refreshing drink on a hot summer day. Here are some drinks we make every season, and they are so good!
Italian Sodas – These are so fun to make with fresh berries, syrups, sparkling water and cream.
Agua Fresca – Make your own refreshing Agua Fresca with our 4 delicious recipes.
Arnold Palmer – A mix of lemonade and iced tea. This is a very summery and refreshing drink.
Frequently Asked Questions
Watermelon isn’t necessarily full of sugar. 92% of it is made up of water alone.
Still, there is a good chunk of sugar in the remaining 8%. A cup of watermelon has around 10 grams of sugar, depending on the variety. Keep in mind that this is natural sugar, not processed junk.
Watermelon contains mostly water, but it contains vitamins like A, B6, and C, lycopene, and antioxidants. Keeps you hydrated, which is perfect during the summer.
Depending on what sugar you use to sweeten it, it can be considered a healthy drink. If you use a natural sweetener or honey, lemonade is healthy to drink. Lemon juice promotes hydration and has a good amount of vitamin c.
What could be more refreshing on a hot day than this delicious and easy watermelon lemonade recipe? It’s perfect for summer parties! Be sure to give it a try.
More Watermelon Drinks You’ll Love
If you love watermelon as much as we do, check out these watermelon drinks. They’ll keep you hydrated and cool!
- Watermelon Cooler – This drink is made with cucumber and watermelon and is very hydrating.
Also, try our Meyer lemonade recipe too!
Let us know if you make this refreshing watermelon lemonade recipe by leaving a comment and review below!
Homemade Lemonade (double this recipe to make the 12 cups you will need)
- 1 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute (You can add more or less depending on how you life it!)
- 6 cups water
- 12 cups lemonade
- 5 cups watermelon juice
- Boil water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add in the fresh squeezed lemon juice and pour into a heatproof glass pitcher. Refrigerate until cold.
- Cut chunks of watermelon and blend until almost liquid.
- Pour 5 cups watermelon juice in the drink dispenser with 12 cups of lemonade. Add slices of watermelon and lemons and top with ice.