Cotton candy shots are the best party shooters! These easy vodka shots are sweet and oh so delicious. Quick to make, they are the perfect drink to wow the crowd!
These aren’t as sugary as they look! They’re definitely sweet because I used marshmallow vodka with the cotton candy, but you can use regular vodka too. I think the presentation of these is what makes them so much fun. Fill each shot glass with a yummy flavor of fluffy cotton candy, then pour the alcohol over the cotton candy and watch it melt instantly, adding a little sweetness to the shot.
How To Make Cotton Candy Shots – Step By Step
- Fill a shot glass with cotton candy.
- Top with the vodka just before serving
How To Serve
To keep the presentation, you’ll want to create these “made to order.” That means you can place them on a tray, then walk around to serve them and if a guest wants one, pour the vodka over the top right then. That way they can see the cotton candy in the glass and watch it melt. So add a little cheer to your party, but drink responsibly.
Best Vodkas To Use
Depending on the desired sweetness and flavor, you’ll want to choose the right vodka. Here are some great ones:
- Smirnoff Fluffed Marshmallow Vodka
- Grey Goose Vodka
- Absolut Vanilla Vodka
- Ciroc French Vanilla Vodka
Origins Of Cotton Candy
Machine-spun cotton candy was invented in 1897 by dentist William Morrison and confectioner John C. Wharton. It was first introduced to a wide audience at the 1904 World’s Fair as “Fairy Floss”. It was very successful, selling 68,655 boxes at 25¢ per box (equivalent to $6 per box today).
Top Tips For Cotton Candy Shots
- Do not pour the vodka onto the cotton candy until you are about to serve it
- For extra impact rim and garnish with pink sugar, for a couple extra licks of sweet flavor.
- If you don’t want the cotton candy shot too sweet, try a non flavored vodka.
- Experiment with different colored cotton candy to mix things up!
Check Out These Other Creative Shot Recipes!
If you have tried this cotton candy shot recipe , or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious, healthy, family friendly food!
- cotton candy
- 2 oz vodka
- Fill a shot glass with cotton candy and top with the vodka.