Anjanee from Fig & Honey Co. is sharing a delicious party appetizer for white bean and prosciutto crostini!
One of the most classic appetizer combos is beautifully fresh Italian bread, topped with creamy melt-in-your-mouth prosciutto. And nothing tastes better with a glass of Prosecco (not that you really need to make Prosecco taste any better!). However, if you want to spruce things up a bit, marinated white beans make this classic even better. The sweet and tangy marinade really compliments the creaminess of the beans. The only downfall is trying to avoid making this your dinner and not just your appetizer! Enjoy!
See more if Anjanee’s recipes below!
Recipe and Photos by Anjanee of Fig & Honey Co.
White Bean and Prosciutto Crostini
- 1 baguette or Italian loaf sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tsp basil, freshly chopped
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 can (15oz) cannellini beans, drained
- 6 oz slices proscuitto
- basil chiffonade to garnish
- Preheat the oven to the grill at 550°F.
- Lightly brush the baguette slices on both sides with olive oil.
- Place under the grill for a couple of minutes on each side until lightly browned and crispy.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, shallots, red wine vinegar, honey, capers, basil, salt and pepper, using a small whisk to combine.
- Add the cannellini beans and using a large spoon, toss all of the ingredients together.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on each crostini and top with a spoonful of the white beans. Garnish with basil and eat immediately.