Slow Cooker Chili
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 2 pounds ground beef grass fed, organic
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes not quite 2 cans, like 1 1/2 cans
- 1 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 16 ounce cans kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine
Saute onions and garlic in a sauce pan until onions are translucent. Add to the slow cooker.
In the same sauce pan, brown beef in 1 cup water, save juice! Place beef and juice in the slow cooker.
Add the rest of the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3.4mg