Coconut Macadamia Key Lime Pie
The filling is cream of coconut, yogurt and lime juice and the crust is made from Nilla wafers and macadamia nuts! It's honestly one of the best key lime pies we've ever had and I'm so happy we're sharing the recipe here!
Servings: 8 servings
- 35 Nilla wafer cookies
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 15 oz can cream of coconut
- 2/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 pack of gelatin with 3 tablespoons water. Melt it over a double broiler until dissolved.
- 3/4 cup heaving whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut added to the whipped cream
In a food processor, blend the cookies and then mix in the coconut and melted butter. Press into a pie dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Mix the cream of coconut, lime juice, yogurt and zest. Then, add in the melted gelatin.
Pour the filling over the crust.
Let it set in the fridge until it's completely cool.
Beat all of the ingredients on high until whipped and spread on top of the pie. Add some lime zest, limes, and coconut to garnish.
Calories: 582kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 0.4mg