One Pan Basil and Tomato Pasta Recipe
This One Pan Basil and Tomato Pasta recipe is made all in one pan! Even the pasta is cooked in the same pan and it's so flavorful and delicious! An easy and fresh pasta recipe for spring and summer.
Servings: 4 people
- 12 ounces dried linguine pasta
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1.5 large white onion thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic roughly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil more for serving
- 4 cups water
- 3 teaspoons sea salt more to taste
- 1.5 teaspoons pepper more to taste
- 4 large balls of fresh burrata cheese
In a large cast-iron skillet combine pasta, water, sliced onions, tomatoes, cayenne, basil, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil on high.
Cook the pasta stirring so it doesn't burn on the bottom.
Cook for about 8-10 minutes until pasta is al dente and water is pretty much evaporated, but not totally gone.
Use tongs to serve in four bowls and place 1 large burrata cheese in each bowl with the pasta. Drizzle with more olive oil, add fresh basil and season with salt and pepper if needed.
You can cook this pasta in vegetable or chicken broth instead of water to add more flavor. Just alter the salt if you do that.
The recipe can be made with spaghetti noodles.
Pasta can be cooked in a cast-iron skillet or a stainless steel skillet.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1773mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg