Bean and Cheese Crispy Corn Tacos
I wanted to share my favorite recipe for bean and cheese crispy corn tacos with the most incredible cilantro lime sauce for dipping. I could eat a million of these mini fried tacos!
Servings: 12 tacos
- 1 bag organic corn tortillas
- 1 can organic black beans drained
- 4 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 2 jalapeños broiled skin and seeds removed, chopped.
- 1/3 cup chopped red (aka purple) cabbage
- Dash pepper and salt
- Oil for frying I used vegetable oil
- Toothpicks to hold the tacos together
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeño broiled skin and seeds removed
- Dash of salt and pepper to taste
Broil 3 jalapeño peppers until charred. Remove the skin and seeds and dice 2 of them. Save the other one for the sauce.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the black beans, cheese, cabbage, jalapeño peppers and salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
Microwave 12 corn tortillas until soft and pliable.
Lay the tortillas out and scoop in a spoonful of the black bean mixture. Roll the tortilla tightly and secure with a toothpick.
Heat about 1/2 cup oil (whatever you prefer vegetable, canola, olive, etin a large skillet.
Place the tacos in the hot oil and cook until the shell is crispy and will hold its shape.
Lay them on a paper towel and remove the toothpick to eat.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 214mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 136IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1mg