The Best Pasta Salad Recipe
This easy pasta salad recipe is full of flavor! It's perfect for a summer gathering and can be turned into holiday favorite with fun colorful pasta!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound pasta we used colorful shaped pasta for the 4th but Rotini Farfalle or Penne work too.
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese drained small mozzarella balls are best
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup kalamata olives sliced in half
- 15 fresh basil leaves julienned
- 4 large garlic cloves through a presser. Minced is okay too.
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper more if needed
Add everything but the pasta in a bowl and let it sit for 30 mins up to 5 hours in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve, boil the water in a medium pan and cook the pasta al dente.
Strain the pasta and in a large serving bowl add the pasta and the other ingredients you've already prepared together.
Stir it all really well so the garlic and flavors can coat the pasta.
Add more salt and pepper if needed.
This pasta is best served warm to room temperature.
Salt and pepper to taste.
You can use Rotini, Farfalle or Penne pasta for this recipe.
The garlic gives it a lot of flavor, using a garlic press is the best way to blend it into the pasta.