Egg Custard Pie
Servings: 1 Pie
- 1 large Pie crust, rolled out and ready to use. You can make your own or use store bought.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon divided
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the pie crust. You can make it, we love this recipe, or you can buy it.
Press pie crust into a 9-inch round pie pan. Press up and around the pan to make a pretty pie crust. Crimp the edges together. Place in the refrigerator until pie filling is done.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, buttermilk, flour, melted butter, maple syrup, vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Mix until combined and pour into cold pie crust.
Bake from 45-55 minutes, loosely covering with foil to prevent browning. Let it cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl, add cloves, confections' sugar and the rest of the nutmeg and cinnamon. Sift onto the pie.
Add shredded coconut and sliced almonds to one side to decorate the pie.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg