A list of the best housewarming gift ideas that
Purchasing a home is one is life’s biggest milestones for many people. It’s most likely the largest purchase you’ll make and one of the most important. A home is the center of it all… family, food, memories, friends, decor.
When someone close to you buys a new home and invites you to their housewarming party to celebrate, it’s important to bring a gift. Just as you would a baby shower or birthday party.
What’s the best gift for a housewarming party?
We’ve created a list of our top 10 housewarming gifts ranging from $20 to $150. These are all great options to give to new home owners.
Bottle of Wine
- A delicious bottle of wine. Try a white, rose or Pinot Noir and something around $25-35 is a good range. We love Frog’s Leap in Napa that’s grown organically without irrigation! You can find this at most wine stores or grocery stores.
- A cast-iron pan. They last forever and there are so many easy meals to make in them! Also, cast iron is inexpensive, this one
is $39 and comes with a silicone handle.
- Gift a cast iron cookbook with the pan for a very charming gift! Cooking is a fundamental part of a home, so gifting anything that has to do with cooking is a great gift option.
Classic Bottle of Gin
- Gin is a classic and elegant spirit that makes a great gift for spring and summer housewarming parties. The Botanist is made with 22 hand-forged botanicals.
Organic Cotton Throw
- Organic cotton sheets or throw. There is truly nothing better than beautiful bedding or a cozy throw. Boll & Branch has luxurious bedding and reasonable prices for the quality. Truly one of our favorite bedding brands! Picture by Lisa Diederich.
Homemade Cleaning Kit
- A cleaning kit is one of our favorite housewarming gifts. Learn how to put together a charming cleaning kit here with pure ingredients and everything you need for laundry too! A clean home is a happy home!
Beautifully Scented Candle
- A beautifully scented candle to warm a new home is a great gift. We usually always have a candle burning in our home for mood and scent. Roam candles are simple and customized to different cities.
Coffee Table Book
- Gift a coffee table book like Eat Drink Nap which is all about hospitality and one of our favorite design books by SoHo House.
- Copper tumblers are a great addition to a bar or open shelf. They look gorgeous placed out and they’re useful for drinking Moscow Mules!
Good Bottle of Olive Oil
- A good bottle of olive oil such as Brightland. Not only are the UV-protected bottles charming, but the olive oil is also packed with good fats and antioxidants and made in California.
How much is appropriate for a housewarming gift?
The cost of a housewarming gift will depend on your personal budget. What do you feel comfortable spending? How close are you to the person? Anywhere from a $25 bottle of wine to a $150 gift is appropriate.
Do you open gifts at a housewarming party?
You do not open gifts at a housewarming party. Opening gifts at parties as an adult is usually for baby showers or bridal showers and that’s it. So it’s not something we
Is a bottle of wine a good housewarming gift?
A bottle wine is one of our top 10 gifts for a housewarming party. Wine is all about relaxing, socializing and enjoying the simple things in life. Why not help the new home owners start a wine collection! Go for a white, rose or a heavier pinot noir!
What gifts have you given for a housewarming party? We’d love to know!