You won’t feel guilty eating these decadent 5 ingredient dark chocolate coconut truffles! They’re absolutely delicious and guilt-free because this homemade truffle recipe uses only coconut oil, dark chocolate, vanilla, sea salt and a little water!! I think we can pretty much call these healthy, right?! A bit of dark chocolate is always good for the soul and of course coconut oil is all around good for you, so eat up! To give the truffles a pretty topping, we rolled each one in coconut shavings and a strawberry dust we made using freeze-dried strawberries. You can also roll them in chopped nuts too or your favorite topping! Enjoy!
- 8 ounces dark chocolate 70% proof or more
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Over a double boiler melt the chocolate, water and coconut oil on low, stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanilla and sea salt.
- Transfer the mixture into a nonstick 8 x 8 pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. You can leave it overnight as well, just cover it.
- Scoop 1-inch balls and roll in coconut shavings or crumbled freeze-dried berries.
- Before serving, let them sit at room temperature